We are a newly established research group at the Research School of Chemistry (RSC) at the Australian National University (ANU). The team uses organic chemistry to make molecules for drug discovery, materials and agricultural research applications. We also investigate and develop chemical methodology to aid in our synthetic efforts.
Team Leader – Dr Tristan Reekie
Tristan commenced his role as Undergraduate Convenor and group leader at ANU in January 2019. He completed his undergraduate studies and PhD at the ANU, where he was heavily involved in the chemistry teaching program. He then undertook a two-year postdoctoral fellowship at the ETH in Switzerland in the group of Prof. François Diederich. Subsequently, Tristan moved to the University of Sydney as a Senior Postdoctoral Associate working as a medicinal chemist with Prof. Michael Kassiou. Tristan has been the co-inventor on a number of patents which have led to the spin-out company Kinoxis Therapeutics for which he remains a scientific consultant. Tristan has been an editor for Synthetic Reaction Updates since 2015 and is currently the Deputy Program Director for the Australian Chemistry Olympiad.
- Craig Stewart – PhD Student
- Cameron Wallis – PhB student
- Pheebs – Post-dog-toral Fellow
To aid in our research we have collaborators at a number of different institutions including The University of Sydney, Charles Sturt University and Macquarie University.
- Prof. Michael Kassiou (The University of Sydney)
- Prof. Leslie Weston (Charles Sturt University)
- Prof. Mark Connor (Macquarie University)
- Prof. Ivan Biaggio (Lehigh University)
- A/Prof. Stefano Palomba (The University of Sydney)
- Assist. Prof. Cagatay Dengiz (Middle East Technical University)
We are always seeking qualified applicants for undergraduate, Honours, and PhD positions within the group. Please email Tristan for more information on available projects!